Precious and Beloved Colleagues,
Our young society, European Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (EABIP) has grown up and prospered considerably since it was established in 2002 by three leaders in interventional pulmonology: Heinrich Becker, Chris Bolliger and Felix Herth. The signs of this healthy and balanced growth and development are -
• Number of active members currently exceeding 280,
• Increasing EABIP-related or EABIP-endorsed meetings and courses,
• Active participation of more members at our annual general meetings,
• The renewed and more lively EABIP website and different membership options provided within the last one year.
The EABIP aims to grow stronger in whole Europe with the efforts of our energetic national delegates who are the bridges between the EABIP and their countries to promote up-to-date and optimal education and training in interventional pulmonology as determined by the needs of each country.
A multidisciplinary and integrated approach to provide the best tailored diagnostic and therapeutic management to the patients is among the main goals of the EABIP. For this purpose, EABIP is determined to develop and maintain viable scientific collaboration and exchange with international sister or related societies (WABIP, ERS, ESTS, AAIP, CHEST, etc.). The first, but not the last, achievements in international collaboration are -
• Different membership options providing access to Respirology or Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology besides our official journal Respiration through the EABIP website,
• Endorsement of meetings, faculty support and joint sessions.
Supporting and engaging young and promising members in the EABIP, taking good care of diversities (gender, age, culture, race, religion, scientific approach/methods), providing up-to-date knowledge and novel techniques and maintaining a lively website that benefits both members’ education and patient care while adhering to the ethical principles will keep our society young, healthy and immortal. Let’s do it together !
Warm greetings and regards,
Associate Prof. Semra Bilaceroglu,
President of the EABIP
By becoming a member of EABIP, you can enjoy multiple benefits, including:
• An exclusive, reduced rate for subscription to the association's official journal "Respiration'
• A subsidised rate for subscription to Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
• Discounted registration fee for the European Congress of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology