My dear friends/colleagues,
On behalf of our executive committee, it gives me tremendous pleasure to welcome you warmly to our association, which has been flourishing and expanding progressively since its inception in 2002, thanks to the enormous hard work of a number of Interventional Pulmonologists, in particular, my predecessors Semra Bilaceroglu, Herve Dutau and Felix Herth, besides the original founding members, especially Heinrich Becker and the late Chris Bolliger.
The principal priorities of EABIP are to promote Education, Training and Research in all aspects of Interventional Pulmonology.
To achieve our objectives, we have:
• Enhanced our educational activities, including conferences, courses and workshops throughout Europe and beyond.
• Cemented our partnership with the official journal ‘Respiration’, thus reducing the costs incurred by our members, besides offering them the opportunity to subscribe to JOBIP at a subsidised rate.
• Expanded our membership, across the globe, which in turn stimulates knowledge exchange and healthy clinical collaboration/ research.
• Established a close working relationship with WABIP and a number of national respiratory and bronchoscopy societies.
• Developed a more user friendly, interactive and informative website, which will be updated on a regular basis.
We are entering an incredibly exciting era in the ever-expanding field of Interventional Pulmonology, stretching across a plethora of subspecialties including the advanced diagnosis/treatment of small peripheral lung lesions, precise staging techniques for malignancy, novel bronchoscopic therapies for emphysema, ambulatory management of a variety of pleural pathologies, to name just a few.
To showcase all of this on a truly international platform, we have planned the next European Congress of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology in Dubrovnik from 8th to 11th of May, 2019. We eagerly await your participation and look forward to seeing you there.
Warm regards and the very best of wishes
By becoming a member of EABIP, you can enjoy multiple benefits, including:
• An exclusive, reduced rate for subscription to the association's official journal "Respiration'
• A subsidised rate for subscription to Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
• Discounted registration fee for the European Congress of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology